- MEASURES FULL WIDTH SAMPLES UP TO 1500mm
- IN A 2 SECOND TOTAL MEASUREMENT CYCLE TIME
- WITH UP TO 1000 MEASUREMENTS ACROSS THE STRIP WIDTH
- IT PROVIDES DETAILED TOTAL COATING THICKNESS PROFILES
- INSTANTLY FIND COATER SET UP FAULTS INCLUDING
- Out of balance coater
- Out of shape coating roll – positive or negative crown
- Non-optimal roll profile – ridges of valleys
- OR JUST CHECK YOUR FILM THICKNESS QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY
- AND CHECK THE SURFACE ROUGHNESS OF YOUR SUBSTRATE
The PHAETON™ installed at your coil coating line's exit shear near the inspection station provides full strip width profile film thickness data in seconds. The results are instantly visible to the coater operator on a screen just outside the coater so that any set-up problems are identified and corrected immediately.
The PHAETON™ installed on-line after the exit accumulator gives even faster results.
Measurements can be made at intervals as close as 1 mm (one eighth of an inch). Measurements include thickness, average thickness, standard deviations, and thickness profile across the strip and at sheet edges.